DIY Embroidered Buttons!
Meet Meowmy, the cutest cat around! Stitch him up, and sew crafty cat lady buttons to your sweater or use a safety pin to pin him anywhere.
Medium Weight Fabric
Maxant 7/8 inch (2.2 cm) Buttons to Cover
Needle & Thread
1. Print out the above button pattern.
2. Use a bright window to backlight the pattern and trace onto your fabric with water-soluble pen.
3. Mount fabric into your embroidery hoop and stitch your cat (no need to stitch the circle) in a back stitch and french knots for the eyes. Tie a knot to start and end your thread.
4. Remove water-soluble pen marks with a damp cloth and cut out your button.
5. Center fabric face down in the plastic holder and press the button shell into the holder.
6. Tuck in the edges of the cloth and snap in the button back.
7. Press the plastic pusher piece into the button until the pieces snap together. Pop out your little cat button and you’re done!